Tuesday, August 2, 2016

2.2 - Critters of the Void

Why hello there peoples! If you've come seeking a Pollinate Newcrest update, then I have good news for ya! 

Behold! UPDATE!

Last chapter, our current heiress Cassiopeia gave birth to her firstborns, a set of male twins named Antares and Algol. They're still nooboos for now, but that will change in this newest installment. 

CASSIOPEIA - You're gonna help me take over the world, aren't ya little cutie! Yes you are! Yes you are!

ANTARES - *baby gurgles*

Cassi has high hopes for her brood.   



And yes, I said brood. The honeymoon woohoo at the end of last chapter proved confetti-successful.

CASSI - BABIEZ! 

Ah, domestic sims. 



CASSIOPEIA - I'm pregnant Graham!

GRAHAM - Hmm . . . I haz suspicionz . . . .

No, she's not trolling you this time Graham. Lol, the pit-falls of having a mischievous spouse.



And who's this? Why, this would be J and Seven's first grandchild, Caelum and Lorelei's son Merak!

J - It's great to see you kiddo, but . . . what are your parents dressing you in? 

MERAK - I believe mom called it 'Dumpster Dive Chic.'

Yeah, no. *opens CAS*  



Muuuuuch better. ^_~



*sigh* Caelum? Really?

CAELUM - I instantly regret this decision.

You don't say? -_-*



He redeemed himself when he went into the nursery to help Cassi feed the boys.



Then it was out to the living room to chat and watch movies with the dads. Seven loves any excuse to hang out with his family.



The next day . . . bassinet sparkles! Time to properly meet the first born of the third generation!



First up is Antares! He rolled the Gloomy trait and the Rambunctious Scamp childhood aspiration, as well as his dad's red hair and what appears to be grandpa J's brown eyes.



And next is what appears to be a nearly identical Algol! He rolls the Cheerful trait and also rolls the Rambunctious Scamp childhood aspiration. In true twin fashion. :P



The boys head out to the monkey bars almost immediately, because we don't mess around when it comes to skill building in this house (or any of my houses . . .). You can see grandpa J taking one last good run on the treadmill . . .



Before it was time for him to get old! Elder birthday is a GO!



Aww, don't fret J. You've got the Long Lived trait, I'm sure you'll be around for a good while yet.



He even managed to get himself a promotion that night at work (trophy for proof). I don't think he'll manage to max it before he kicks it (because the Mentor in Exercise daily requirement is a PITA), but that's fine.


The twins are back from their first day at school . . . and not all that impressed by the looks of things. But chin up, boys! (Also, hai Aunt Lorelei!)


Because we just bought/installed Kids Stuff and that means NEW TOYS/FURNITURE!



I myself am a Pokemon player, so this new Voidcritters game was very game-ception for me. Both Al and Ant are avid battlers.



  I attempted to have Ant use the new ability to search for Voidcritter cards in the garbage and/or frog logs, but he didn't have any luck. After that I just bought booster packs off the computer.



Graham's (and Cassiopeia's) aspiration requires them to complete so many interactions with their kids, so dad took the day off as an opportunity to do so. Over a very intense game of Don't Wake the Llama.

GRAHAM - Okay, here goes . . .

ANTARES - Don't look, don't breathe, don't do ANYthing. Except maybe pray . . . .



Then it was mom's turn.

CASSIOPEIA - So who wants an increase in allowance?

ANTARES & ALGOL - You're the best, mom!

CASSIOPEIA - Favorite parent? Yep.

That's cheating, Cassi . . .

CASSIOPEIA - If you're not cheating, you're not trying. True story. 



Soon enough the boys needed to play on a jungle gym while Playful (Scamp aspiration), so they made the sojourn to Grandpa Seven's park. I added a thing or two from the Kids Stuff pack, but otherwise it remains unchanged.



I'd just like to take this opportunity to introduce THIS beautiful butterfly. His name is Filipe, he's wearing all pink and/or pastel turquoise, a unicorn on his shirt and I am HARD PRESSED not to get him into this legacy some how. Filipe is my new spirit animal. <3

Sadly, there were no girls at the park that afternoon so the boys soon headed home.



Just Graham and Cassi, keeping the spark alive. <3

ALGOL - I'm just gonna shove this fork in my eye, k? Maybe that'll help erase the last 15 seconds from my memory . . .



Whoa, belly alert! I'm sure Cassi is due to pop at any moment.



JINX! It's GO TIME!



And we have a . . . uh . . . wut? 

I'm . . . not entirely sure what happened here. Never had this occur in my games before. O_o Graham is fairly light-skinned, and Cassi is green so . . . . . 

At any rate, it's a girl! And we will name this little snowflake Vega Pollination!  



Vega might be an anomaly but daddy don't mind. Not one bit.



The next morning it was finally time for Seven to join J in elderhood. He baked himself a hamburger cake and got down to the business of making a wish.



And . . . Seven? Wat?

SEVEN - My wish came true!

WAT.

Maybe it's just a delayed reaction? I was too afraid to have him try to blow out the candles again immediately, because in TS3 it would actually kill the sim (jump from elder to ghost) . . . .



CASSIOPEIA - Of all the NERVE! I can't believe she had the nerve to get MAD at me! Why can't anyone take a joke in this family?!

J - A joke is all well and good, sweetpea, but a lifetime's subscription to Gnome Fetish is a bit extreme, don't you think?



FYI, Lorelei isn't a fan of Cassi's brand of humor. Caelum would probably be a little more vocal about his dislike as well, but he grew up with Cassi. He knows the dangers of getting on her bad side.



Little Merak has become a regular visitor around the house, which makes me happy. I don't like his sad-face tho. Bb! Cheer up!



ALGOL - This looks like a job for ME!

MERAK - Hey Al! 

ALGOL - Hey yourself! Come out to the backyard and let's get our game on!



A few games of Don't Wake the Llama were exactly what the doctor ordered.



The next day rolled around and Seven STILL hadn't aged up. (I think it's because one of the boys nicked a slice of cake before his 'Age Up' sequence finished, so it got cancelled). Confident that it wouldn't backfire and kill him, I had Seven bake another cake.

SEVEN - Aww, maaaaan. I'm OLD.

Happens to the best of us, sweetie. 



J still needs to Mentor in exercise for his job, which is SUCH a pain. Seven can no longer help out because he gets dangerously exhausted, and Cassi is either working, sleeping or busy with the babies. So Graham gets nominated.

And apparently in all this time, Graham and J have not said one word to each other, because this is their Friendly Introduction. I LOL'd.



SEVEN - Well hello there little sub-offspring! Your pigmentation might be a little outside the normal parameters, but your Grandpa Seven still wuvs you just the same!

Daww, cute!



ALGOL - What's that, Ant? 

ANTARES - Oh, you know. Just the sound of us being AWESOME.

ALGOL - True Story.

They both finished their Rambunctious Scamp aspiration, lol. Modesty, they have none.



Seven paying the bills. Literally and figuratively, as his full crop of Perfect Dragonfruit make MAD BANK.



ANTARES - I don't get it, Al. We're adorable. Funny! Redheads! Why aren't either of us the heir?

ALGOL - I know! It's even a boy's turn, since mommy was the heir last generation. You'd think Mission Control would want variety!

I know boys, I know. But you see, your sister Vega just aged up . . . 



And she's GORGEOUS.

VEGA - Oh. Hai. :> 

I haven't decided yet if I'm going to change her dark skin to green, but blonde hair definitely means she'll be inheriting mama's green hair once she hits Teen. And if I can't have green skin pass through the generations, I'll go for the green hair instead. 

So our budding Gen 3 heiress' aspiration is Snob just like mama, with the Whiz Kid childhood aspiration to go with it. 



Her bedroom gets an appropriate butterfly-themed make-over. <3 Then Vega took herself a good long power nap to recharge.



The stove broke, but J was all over it. Both he and Seven have near-maxed (or actually maxed) Handiness skill, so I wasn't worried.



It's been a while since we saw some Jeven lurve. *basks in it*



Vega PJs! I always adore mismatched socks.



With half the household at work or school, Vega took the opportunity to head out to the Park to get in some games of chess. She was also on the look-out for potential spouse material (both for herself and her brothers), and this cutie will suit the former nicely. 

Unfortunately her name escapes me at the moment, so we'll just go with Pony-Tail for now.



In the background I saw that Comet was hungry, so a tired Seven popped over long enough to get him fed. I didn't want to risk him dying from starvation.

COMET - Hunnnngggwwwyyyyyy! *cake waggle*



PONY-TAIL - Hey! You must be Antares! Your sister Vega told me a lot about you.

ANTARES - Oh did she? Nothing bad, I hope?

PONY-TAIL - No, she told me you like to play Voidcritters.

ANTARES - And let me guess, you think it's stupid?

PONY-TAIL - Stupid-GOOD maybe. I've got a level 7 Vulpes if you wanna battle.

ANTARES - Marry me.

PONY-TAIL - What?

ANTARES - Nothing! Uh . . . s-sure, the battle station's in the backyard.



Unfortunately Algol was not having the same luck.

ALGOL - Uh . . . hi?

POOP-FACE - Die in a fire!!!1!11

ALTOL - Aaaaalrighty then. 



ALGOL - I don't get it, grandpa. Is there something wrong with me?

SEVEN - Statistical impossibility, little one. You're descended from me, remember?

Meanwhile J gets Vega started on her reading, and Antares texts his future wife Voidcritter buddy. 



CASSIOPEIA - You might be heiress now, but that doesn't mean you can let your guard down! You've still got two cakes to go before it's official. Anything can happen from now to then!

VEGA - L-like what, mama?

CASSIOPEIA - House fires! Walled-in pools! TRAGIC CLOWN SIGHTINGS!

VEGA - O_o

Cassi, pls stop traumatizing your daughter. Kthx. 



Caelum, can't you see your dad's a bit busy atm?

Seriously, those dragonfruit tho . . . ALL the money.



Caelum eventually wandered off into the boys' room to play on their computer. In the background you can see the very modest beginnings of Antares' Voidcritters collection.



CAELUM - Hey dad, you busy?

SEVEN - No, I'm just standing in front of this fully operational stove, carefully searing this slice of wheat and flour for NO reason.

CAELUM - . . . a simple 'yes' would've been just fine.

Caelum's visits never cease to amuse me. In one way or another. 



Or Marek's for that matter.

MERAK - So how come I can't live here with you guys, grandpa?

SEVEN - Those are just the rules of the mission, I'm afraid. But that doesn't mean you aren't a part of it! You're still my progeny, and I'll always love and be proud of you.

MERAK - Uh, thanks, I guess . . . but I was more interested in the cool games and electronics you guys have over here. 

SEVEN - . . . . 



It was time for a homework party, and the grandpas made sure to help out where they could. Cassi would've liked to join in, but she had a very urgent meeting with a slice of cake that could not be put off.



PONY-TAIL - Hey Antares! You ready for that rematch!

ANTARES - Any time!



These two are definitely hitting it off well.



Meanwhile Vega is playing ALL the Arithmetic Attack. According to the Challenge Rules, she'll one day be a Writer, so she's gotta get those typing skills up to snuff asap.



And we'll end this chapter on a super-sweet note - the twins are now officially each others' BFF.

DAWWWWWW.

<3



And that's where we'll leave it! Join us next time as Gen 3 continues to grow, meet new people and befriend/mock them. Until then, happy simming!


No comments:

Post a Comment