Wednesday, October 7, 2015

1.1 - Mission Start

Pollination Technician #7, this is Mission Control. Do you copy?

SEVEN - Loud and clear, Mission Control.

Excellent. Glad to hear you've arrived safely to the mission site. You know, instead of imploding like Technicians 1-6.

SEVEN - . . . wut?

Not important! Please state the parameters of your mission.



SEVEN - Mission Pollinate Newcrest is a mission designed to build up the untouched land of Newcrest for future generations. Namely, my generations. My personal goal is to complete my Lifetime Aspiration of Freelance Botanist as well as breed and grow 8 perfect plants. Then use those plants to help build and design a town park. 

Excellent!

SEVEN - Yes, well. I am a Genius.

And nobody likes a smart-@ss. -_-* 

For those of you watching at home, our intrepid Technician's other traits are Family Oriented and Loves the Outdoors, as well as Collector from his aspiration. And as one might tell by his looks, he's also an Alien sim. I've never actually played one in TS4 yet, so this is doubly exciting for me.



The rules of this Legacy Challenge allow you to keep all funds after you buy your chosen lot, so Seven actually gets a house to live in instead of the lawn.

SEVEN - This dwelling doesn't look entirely stable.

Hey! This is practically the lap of luxury compared to what most of my founders have to endure starting out.

SEVEN - . . . has anyone ever reported you for sim-abuse, Mission Control?



That's enough snark out of you, mister. Why don't you get started on your garden instead.

SEVEN - Gladly!

Since the 'hood is brand new and nothing is ready for harvest, I settled for purchasing some seed packets to start with.



It was super cute watching Seven whistle away while he watered his first crop. He's a remake of one of my all-time favorite sims that I made and played in TS3. So far his TS4 counterpart is equally adorable.



The plants might not be harvestable, but luckily the frogs and rocks have started spawning so Seven heads around the hood to start collecting. He still has around 3,000 simoleons left in the bank but since he's not getting a regular job I know that won't last long so every little bit helps.



The back of the property has a lake for fishing--which I thought would be perfect for the park lot. Since one of the Botanist aspiration goals is to eventually grow a cowplant, Seven will be working on his fishing skill too. The lake's inhabitants are too crafty for him right now though, so he didn't catch anything that afternoon.



On the far end of this neighborhood is a public area with several grills and park tables, as well as 3 sets of monkey bars just off screen. And it's incredibly popular, there always seems to be tons of sims hanging around. A convenient place for Seven to start meeting his fellow sims and take advantage of the free food.



SEVEN - Greetings Earth sims! I am Pollination Technician #7, it's a pleasure to meet you.

LADIES - . . . .


SEVEN - *gets embarrassed*

What? Why're you embarrassed, Seven?

SEVEN - They've discovered that I'm an alien. And that fills me with inexplicable shame.

Wut. You weren't even hiding the fact! Why on earth would that make him embarrassed?



Yet, he was. And every time he tried to introduce himself to somebody it just got worse. I don't really get that play mechanic at all . . . -_-*

PINK SWEATER LADY - Lawl, he's green!

SEVEN - Oh, how embarrassing!

RED SWEATER LADY - That's cold.



So to keep my founder from getting so embarrassed he died of mortification on his very first day of existence, I was forced to give him a regular sim disguise. Kind've cute, I suppose. His sad lip pout just about killed me though.

SEVEN - People laughed at me.  :<

Aw, bb. Don't worry, I'll kill 'em with fire later.



Don Lothario jogged by while a disguised Seven was still out and about collecting. He gave his new disguise a test-drive, and luckily it worked. No more embarrassment.



Another jogger soon arrived in the form of J Huntington III, and Seven cheerily introduced himself.



J gave Seven a pep-talk, resulting in him becoming energized. So they hip-bumped to celebrate.



Seven and J actually hit it off REALLY well. Especially since they shouldn't even get along at all, as they're just about polar opposites in personality. And yet within only a few sim hours of socializing the two were good buddies.



SEVEN - I must know everything about you!

J - Hurk-gerk! . . . he's an alien, isn't he?

*face palm*



After that, I sent Seven back home and J jogged off into the sunset. Our alien watched his tiny TV for the rest of the evening to work up his fun need, then went to bed.



The next morning . . .

SEVEN - Oh! Mission Control, my tummy hurts! I think I might have been pollinated!

No, sweetie, that's not how it works. You're just hungry, go make yourself some salad.

Also, his pajama t-shirt. I <3



SEVEN - Owwie!! These tomatoes have betrayed me!



SEVEN - Mission Controoooool! *epic pouty face*

GAH! Omg Seven, cut that out. How am I supposed to FUNCTION when you look that ridiculously adorable?!



Some of the surrounding plants were ready to harvest, so I had Seven pick up a few that we hadn't planted yet. Like this onion bush, here.



Later that afternoon, J decided to stop by for a visit. Apparently discovering Seven was an alien wasn't enough to scare him away entirely.



They chatted over a leftover salad dinner.

SEVEN - I find you quite agreeable, J Huntington the Third.

J - Just J is fine, Sev.

SEVEN - Very well . . . you know, J. We've become such good friends, perhaps you might consider moving in with me and assisting me with my mission?

J - Hm . . . sure, why not?

Wow. So easy. Much simple.



Now part of the household, J's full stats are Bro, Active and Noncommittal (see? COMPLETE opposites), as well as the Bodybuilder aspiration, giving him the High Metabolism bonus trait.

J - So, Seven . . . what's this mission of yours exactly?

SEVEN - I and my eventual lineage need to build up the town of Newcrest. Specifically I need to grow a garden of perfect plants and breed a progeny of successful nooboos. When should we get started on that, by the way? I am unfamiliar with earth sim mating customs.

Uuuh . . . Seven? You can't just blurt something like that out--!



J - *autonomously blows a kiss* Ready whenever you are, Sev.

O_O

Uh . . . oookay then. Easiest. Spouse Hunt. EVER.



SEVEN - *glomp* Mine.

Apparently so! I'm certainly not going to complain. I was all set for having to fight J's Noncommittal trait tooth and nail, but I (and Seven) were to be pleasantly surprised.



First kisses!


Seven and J hit it off romantically, just about as ridiculously fast and easily as they did their friendship. In no time at all our alien was glowing a bright pink from his flirty mood.


Simultaneous giggling and happy dancing? That can only mean one thing . . . .



Yep. It's woohoo timez! And thanks to a special mod I installed especially for Seven here, it's POLLINATION time too!



J - Toilet confetti?! What the FRACK?!

Seven and I may or may not have neglected to mention this to J beforehand.


Congratulations J! You're officially eating for two!

J - I'm what?!



Moments later . . .

SEVEN - Wee! Toilet confetti!

Uh, what?! . . . According to the mod's description, only the woohoo instigator is supposed to end up pregnant . . . So I dunno if the mod somehow goofed, or it's a result of Seven being a pure-blooded alien . . . but both the boys ended up pregnant at the same time.

Well then, I suppose that means we won't have to try again later. O_o



J - What's with the pouty face, Sev? I thought you wanted a big family?

SEVEN - No, I do! It's not that. It's just that this salad tastes like fridge. Do not want.



J - Aw, babe. Well let's see if I can't cheer you up.

SEVEN - *goofy giggle*

Seriously, Seven is useless alien putty in J's hands. XD It's almost TOO cute. But not so much that I don't shamelessly pic-spam them to death.



After the morning smoochies Seven heads outside to see to the garden. It's coming right along, as TS4 gardens are wont.



J gets to work on the weight bench I bought him. He came into the household already in the Tech Guru career, but I had him quit. While it DOES eventually have one of the best paychecks, the career didn't seem to suit his personality all that well. I put him in the Athletic career instead, as it coincides with his aspiration.



Seven managed to catch a few random items out of the lake. No fish yet, but he's building the skill and that's the important part.



J headed across the way to partake in some free hot dogs and start working on his charisma skill with these townies.



It wasn't long before he was back on the home lot and showering a disguised Seven with moar affection.



Seven got the opportunity to evolve his first plant!



Seriously, you two are entirely too cute. Cut it out. 

SEVEN & J - Nope.



Pink Sweater Lady randomly decided to come over. Seven was glad for the company, but almost immediately she and J started fighting and insulting each other.

J - He's too innocent to realize that you're making fun of him, but I'm not. So kindly gtfo before I slap you silly, old lady or not.



After chasing off Pink Sweater Lady, J put out 'the moves' on the couch.

J - *loud fake yawn*

SEVEN - What is happening? I am confused.

So. Adorable.



Perfectly simultaneous flirty animations. I LOL'd hard.



With a maxed romantic bar I decided it was now or never.

SEVEN - My dual-hearts beat only for you, J. I wish for you to put on this ring and become my mate legally as well as in practice . . . I wubz u!

And then I cringed, fully expecting J to reject him from that look and his traits.



J - I'd love to, Seven. I wubz u too.

Wow. Noncommital trait be damned, I suppose. It never stood a chance against Seven's cute.



The poor quality appliances soon began revolting, as they do in legacies. Seven usually got nominated to fix them. Being a Genius and frequently in a random focused mood, he developed the handiness skill rather quickly too.



Apparently Seven couldn't wait until J was through with his workout to talk to him, carrying his salad outside instead. 

SEVEN - My tummy is quite large, now. I expect it won't be long before we birth our progeny.

J - Yeah! Should be exciting, eh babe?

SEVEN - Indeed!



Later that night, Seven was singing a different tune.

SEVEN - J is in labor! I am inexplicably terrified!



J was the first to have his man-baby.



Tadaaaaah! In a shower of sparkles he brings a precious little female alien nooboo into the world of Newcrest. The naming theme of this legacy (much like its TS3 counterpart) will be stars and constellations. In accordance with that, this little cutie is named Cassiopeia Pollination.



About a sim-hour later it was Seven's turn, and quite uncomfortably if his orange glow is any indication.



And it's another alien baby! This time a boy named Caelum Pollination.



A boy and a girl right off the bat . . . just about a perfect outcome, if I do say so myself.



That's it for the first installment! Hopefully you enjoyed it! Join us next time to see the not-twins age up, Seven's garden continue to grow and J move up in his athletic career. Until then, happy simming!

6 comments:

  1. That was fun! Fabulous start - looking forward to seeing the bebehs grow and what kind of park you build, hehe.. that aspect of this challenge intimidates me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it. The building part of this challenge intimidates the heck outta me too, but I need something like this to force me to build. Otherwise I'll just depend on awesome builders like ruthless_kk and Sims Supply forever, lol. Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  2. Lovely!!!

    I'm super excited about this challenge and hope to get into one sooner rather than later! I love how you started it. Seven is really freaking adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woot! I'm glad you enjoyed what I've got so far. Seven is . . . entirely too cute. Just, too much, lol. Thanks for reading and more for commenting! <3

      Delete
  3. Just started reading this! Cannot believe I havent found it earlier. These two are major cute.
    Love your writing style. Thoroughly entertaining and easy to read!
    Time to ready more :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. JUST FOUND YOUR STORY ITS AMAZING CANT WAIT TO READ MORE

    ReplyDelete