Friday, October 9, 2015

1.2 - How Does Your Garden Grow

Welcome back everybody for the next installment of the Operation : Populate Newcrest legacy! Last time, our founder Seven and his fiance J Huntington III both gave birth to a baby, each (oh the wonders of 3rd party MODs . . .)

We open today with J bottle-feeding his daughter, Cassiopeia.



Then he moved on to feed and cuddle Caelum while Seven took over with Cassie. Tag Team Dadz ftw.



Seven's started selling his harvestables, which were enough to buy J this treadmill to join the weight machine he got last chapter.


Using it paid off too, as he came home from work that night with a brand new promotion.



After taking care of the babies, he and Seven took a selfie to celebrate.



Dual fist pumps? Could that mean . . . ?



Yep, it's woohoo time! This will kick off what I like to call the Jeven Woohoo Counter : #1



Whuh . . . well, that's . . . uh . . . dayum.

SEVEN - *smug* Yup.



All too soon, the not-twins sprung from their bassinets and into childhood! First we have Cassiopeia! She got J's brown eyes but Seven's almond eye-shape, and her blonde hair from the mailman . . . I'm actually thinking she's meant to have Seven's green hair but that option isn't available for children. So I'll probably change it when she turns teen.

As for traits and aspirations, she rolled Hot-Headed and Rambunctious Scamp.



And here's her brother, Caelum! He got J's dark brown hair and the mailman's teal-blue eyes, but they make a rather striking contrast to each other so I approve. He rolled the Outgoing trait, which goes great with his Social Butterfly aspiration.



SEVEN - I encourage you both to meet other children and make friends, though be prepared. They might be a little unsure around you at first because of our alien blood.

CASSIE - *gasp!1!11* We're ALIENS?!

CAELUM - Really, Cass? Our skin is GREEN.

Seven chit-chats with the kids over their salad dinner. Seriously, this family lives on salad.



The next morning our founder continues working on his garden. I bought him a stereo to listen to while he did so, but all of a sudden it won't let him listen to music while he gardens? I could've sworn I could do so with Astor in my Gieke Legacy . . . I dunno, maybe I'm remembering it wrong.



Cassiopeia woke up that morning Angry. Oh lawd, I'm having flash backs to Trevor Gieke.



Caelum isn't fazed though. He starts corralling local children to chat with and befriend while Cassie works off her anger by running around the hood collecting rocks and frogs.



Then she got started with her Motor skill on the community monkey bars.



CAELUM - So, you guys are on board? 

ALEX - Sure, I've been through a legacy or two. I don't mind helping you with your aspiration.

STRIPES - Sounds cool!

GREEN VEST - I suppose . . .

Three future children friends, ladies and gentlemen.



Toward the end of the afternoon we finally spotted a female child (other than Olivia Spencer-Kim-Lewis), named Lorelei Hamby. I liked the genetic combination of black hair and gray eyes, so Caelum was sure to introduce himself. Then it was back home for both of the not-twins.



CAELUM - That sweater makes you look super-douchey, dad. 

J - Wut!

CAELUM - Just sayin.

J wasn't a fan of Caelum's Impish Pestering.



J stood and 'helped' Caelum with his homework afterward, and totally not like a drill sergeant either. Meanwhile Seven helped Cassie with hers.



Then, after the kids went to bed, Jeven took a little time for themselves.



Jeven Woohoo Counter : #2



J is coming right along with his fitness skill. I would die if I tried that in real life.



Now that the kids were old enough, after school Seven and J went ahead and got married. It was incredibly precious and adorable, especially as the not-twins were able to 'witness' it despite the lack of wedding arch.



I randomly caught sight of this little rascal at the monkey bars. Since every other boy in the neighborhood has black hair and brown eyes, I was smitten with his genetics. Unfortunately he was culled from the neighborhood soon after this pic was taken. 

RIP child.



CAELUM - *sigh* That was a long day . . .

CASSIOPEIA - I can't even right now. >_<!!



I spent some of the family funds on a computer though, and managed to redirect our hot-headed little grump's energies toward practicing typing.



Meanwhile Caelum invited Lorelei over to socialize and complete the Best Friend requirement of his aspiration.



J - Oh c'mon! What kind of call was that?! Are you blind and deaf as well as dumb?!

Being Noncommittal, J gets tense a lot . . . though I'm pleased to note that it's mostly about switching jobs and not being married to Seven. He gets out some of his frustration by yelling at the refs on TV . . . .



Then Seven helps work out the rest of his tense mood. Not pictured? The Jeven Woohoo Counter : #3 that follows soon after.



J's sports night broke the little TV too. Seven managed to repair it without electrocuting himself though, so yay for that.



I decided to get rid of J's preppy tied-sweater look (don't tell him, but I agree with Caelum, it DID look mega-douchey). I much prefer this look instead.



I let him keep his only-slightly-douchey athletic-wear. But this pic is to illustrate that poor J came down with a case of Swirly-Eyes. Some meds bought at the computer took care of it though.



Seven's cooking skill is such that I deemed it safe to stop eating nothing but salad in the house. Cassie enjoys some of last night's mac n cheese while Seven cooks up some breakfast for Caelum and himself.



SEVEN - *high pitched alien-echo screaming*

ME - *high pitched simmer screaming*



Holy CRAB APPLES why is it always my founder/heir that catches on fire?!?! 

The kids panic in the background while Seven jumps around in hysterics and J comes running inside from his workout.



Seven calmed down enough to try and self-extinguish while J worked on putting out the death-trap oven.



SEVEN - . . . I did not like that, Mission Control.

Me either! *tries to remember how to breathe without hyperventilating*

J - *still battling the blaze like a straight bawse*



Cassie kept hot-footing around, watching her dad.



While Caelum 'routed to safety' outside. I feel you little buddy, I feel you.



J - I'm bad@ss.

No arguments here. J got a nice confident mood from putting out the fire. We had to replace the stove, but nothing else got burnt.



CASSIOPEIA - *routes to safety* OMP, I almost died.

CAELUM - Copy-cat. AND you're a little late, too, the fire's already out.

CASSIOPEIA - Shut it.



Some of J's bad@ssery dissipated after he had to go to work as the team mascot . . . I'm sorry, J.

J - Sh-h! Nobody else knows it's me under here and I'd like to keep it that way.

Gotcha.



Caelum worked off some of his tenseness from the fire by playing in the perpetual puddle in Seven's garden. It won't dry up on its own and it won't let me mop it up . . . it'll be with us forever and ever.



Yay, Seven is starting to catch fish! Not only does this mean more simoleons, but hopefully we'll get lucky and catch a cowplant berry. Not sure if it can be fished up anywhere other than the special lots, but I'm willing to try.

In case you haven't read the #BuildNewcrest Challenge rules, I'm not allowed to let the family visit Willow Creek or Oasis Springs. They can go to Magnolia Promenade and Granite Falls, but no partaking in the other hoods' pre-built community lots.



The kids snacked on leftover mac n cheese after school. Caelum called up his burgeoning friends and chatted them up a bit.



And then came down with a sudden case of Itchy Plumbob. Poor little guy.



Apparently word's gotten out that Seven caught some fish. The lake was suddenly grand central station the next day.



It was a weekend, so the not-twins headed over to the community monkey bars. Caelum was sure to call over Alex, Stripes and Green Vest.



CAELUM - Alex! Stripes!

STRIPES - Actually my name is--.

CAELUM - No-no, don't bother telling me. Mission Control won't remember what it is anyhow, just go with Stripes.

STRIPES - How come you call Alex by HIS name?

CAELUM - Because Alex is a Goth and everybody knows who the Goths are. 

ALEX - Affirmative.



CASSIOPEIA - Hey, Lorelei! Why're you mopey? 

LORELEI - I just am . . . *sad sigh*

True story. Caelum invited Lorelei to hang out as well but she went home again soon after, super sad for some unknown reason.



And suddenly! GASP! Could it be a townie sim without black hair and brown eyes?!



It is! Well Cassie was quick to introduce herself. This adorable little hipster-in-the-making is named Jefferson Winters (I LOVE his name), and he's got auburn hair and pretty green eyes. Yes, we must have him for our legacy . . . .

CASSIE - I agree.

So she spent the rest of the afternoon becoming best friends.



Then she went back to the monkey bars. Caelum helped himself to a free hot dog and managed to get Ponytail here as his first adult friend. Only one more to go before he completes his aspiration!



Woot, J got himself another promotion, this time to Dance Team Captain. The grump face is because he worked himself to death trying to get that promotion as fast as possible.



SEVEN - I understand you will no longer be the Llamacorn for work?

J - Sev, I thought we agreed not to talk about that.

SEVEN - Well, no. Technically you said you didn't want me to, but I never actually agreed to anything. But now you're a Dance captain?

J - Yeah, and?



SEVEN - This new position makes sense. You are particularly flexible after all.

J - *smirk* I am, aren't I?



SEVEN - Indeed. Perhaps you would like to demonstrate?

J - Hellz yes!

Jeven Woohoo Counter : #4



The next morning Caelum cornered Travis Scott out at the pond and pestered socialized until they were friends. Netting him a complete aspiration and the Socially Gifted bonus trait.



Cassiopeia still has a little bit to go before she finishes Rambunctious Scamp. At the moment she's working toward that High Score on Keyboard Commander.



J gives her a a pep talk to help her get energized before starting his morning workout.



Seven's still hard at work in the garden. Most of his plants are at Great or Superb quality now.



Bella Goth randomly stopped outside the house. I couldn't resist.



SEVEN - *sudden disguise* Well hello there! You must be Mrs. Goth, Alex's mother.

BELLA - I am! And you must be one of Caelum's fathers. Alex talks about him all the time.

SEVEN - Oh really?



SEVEN - What does he say exactly? *brain scan*

*head-desk*



BELLA - Oh plum, not again! More aliens?!

SEVEN - Aliens? What? Nonsense! *erases memory*

Wow. Bella completely forgot who he was and wandered off the property not long afterward.


CASSIOPEIA - Daddy, can you show me that memory erase trick? Pretty pleeeeeeeaaase?

SEVEN - I suppose so . . . but why would you need it?

CASSIOPEIA - Oh, no reason in particular. Certainly not so I can make my teacher forget the D- I got on our last test . . . .


We'll end things with a minor appliance upgrade in the Pollinations household. An improved stove and fridge to go with the new dishwasher. I'm not bothering with renovating the house too much since it's just going to be bulldozed eventually for the park anyhow. For now, this little house suits the family well enough.



And that's where we'll leave you! Next chapter we'll see if Cassiopeia can manage to finish her Rambunctious Scamp aspiration before she and Caelum age up into teenagers. Will J continue climbing up the athletic career? Can Seven manage to fish up a cowplant berry or will we have to resort to some clever plant splicing? Find out in the next installment and until then, happy simming!

12 comments:

  1. Great update, Lynnwood! I love those kids so much.

    And, as always, your voice and writing make me so happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daww, yay. That means a lot. I'm so glad you enjoy it. <3

      Delete
  2. ANOTHER LYNNWOOD BLOG? Another Legacy/Challenge for me to read and as usual i'm loving it! Umm kinda waiting for you to start ISBI Challenge.. i know i know i can't get enough of your simmies and you can't blame me :p!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bwuahaha, glad you found the Pollinations. And fear not. I do have plans of writing an ISBI eventually (I actually already have the save file and everything) I just keep getting distracted by other pretties first . . . But soon! :) Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  3. YAAAAAY!! I'm caught up here TOO :)

    Fantastic start, as always. J & Seven are PERFECTION. They are just precious. I haven't played with aliens yet either, but I have to say just on physical aspect alone I actually much prefer the look of them in TS4 than I did in TS3. Aliens are cute regardless, but TS4 Seven has stolen my heart <3

    Adorable kiddos, and this seems like an interesting challenge. Excited to see where it goes from here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wooooo!! :D I'm so glad you found (and approve) of TS4 Seven's (mis)adventures. ^_^;; I also much prefer TS4 aliens to TS3. The only thing I DON'T like is the whole 'get embarrassed if you talk to anyone while not wearing a disguise.' I could understand if they were disguised and got found out, but if they're not hiding it? Bleh. But that's minor. Thanks for reading and commenting!!

      Delete
  4. This challenge looks so difficult, but rewarding! I haven't downloaded Get to Work so I haven't gotten to play with the aliens yet, but they look fantastic! Especially Seven!

    This is Ellenyarai from Boolprop btw. I just realized that it's going to put my real name rather than my street name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed a challenge (I made a pun hurr) but it's also quite fun. Get to Work is loads of fun (not even counting the aliens) so I definitely recommend. But Seven is adorabubbles, I wuvs him. I'm glad you found the Pollinations! Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  5. Not to rush you or something but i'm looking forward for the next update i hope this challenge is still running i keep checking haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I'm glad to hear it. The next update is actually in progress! But I might not be able to finish it until after the holidays, as my schedule's a little hectic right now. But fear not! My Pollinations are still going strong. :D

      Delete
    2. Glad to read that xD! Happy holidays and enjoy!

      Delete
  6. OMG Cassiopeia is adorable! I LOVE her features.
    Cant wait to see what the kiddies look like as Teens!

    ReplyDelete